Strategy has never been as critical for the power sector as it is today. From corporate strategy to planning for pointed strategic issues and opportunities, utilities face a host of uncertainties to manage. Utilities are faced with many internal and external strategic considerations. Declining average annual energy prices, the increased usage of natural gas, unclear hydraulic fracturing regulation, closure of power plants, greenhouse gas initiative targets, accelerated grid modernization efforts and the increased proliferation of distributed generation and efficiency (demand response) programs are just some of the upcoming and ongoing issues that utilities need to consider. Our consultants at Indigo have helped large Investor Owned Utilities, Municipalities and Public Power Organizations develop decisive, integrated and innovative strategies.
- Strategic Planning - We develop and implement market leading strategic plans. We work with executive teams during a series of company offsite workshops to distill the drivers, ambitions and market conditions that particular organizations contend with. Our proven, systematic approach has helped several utilities create holistic strategic plans, backed by robust scenario planning and subject matter expertise. Indigo understands the importance and impact that a successful strategic planning process can have on an organizations future. We bring an unmatched combination of energy experience as well as a track record of success in helping organizations to understand the challenges that they face and develop a targeted strategy that leads to operational and stakeholder reputation success.
- Technology Advisory - Technology is a clear guiding force for change across the industry, from the rapid deployment of distributed energy resources, to the need for more robust utility IT infrastructure, Indigo has created multiple technology roadmaps for utilities across several domains.
- Market Intelligence - We conduct market scans and environmental assessments across a range of strategic issues and technologies that benefit leading market insights and emerging technology intelligence.
UtiliSME - tools, strategies and analysis for strategy management and execution
- UtiliSME is a proven strategic planning methodology that identifies opportunities, creates direction, manages stakeholder expectations and aligns resources. As strategic planning is as critical as ever within the industry we also employ scenario planning and quantitative analysis to ensure that our clients strategies built with the least regrets.
- Across the entire strategic planning and implementation life-cycle we employ proven tools such as benchmarked KPIs, vision and mission creation processes, workshop facilitation and breakout group session planning, rigorous NPV and sensitivity analysis playbooks and example roadmaps and sequencing guides.
The Indigo Advantage: We bring proven methodologies and strategic processes and specific market insights to all of our engagements. From the development of compelling and unifying vision and mission statements, strategic goals and business case led strategic initiatives we have created short and long term strategic plans for a number of organizations. Our strategic services also extend to analyzing a range of discrete utility areas such as technology roadmaps, market analysis and growth strategies. The creation of an effective and actionable strategic plan is a critical component of success for any organization. Our advantage is that not only have we created multiple strategic plans, technology roadmaps and market intelligence services for utilities, but we have also tracked and recorded the benefits of these plans with robust KPIs that show both top and bottom line growth for companies. Find out more about our capabilities in our primer "Transformation Tools for Utilities".